Countdown to banding day

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It just takes one little thing...BOOM crash and burn

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like screaming. I am so angry. Ok so here is the story

I got accussed on Tuesday of cheating in the footy tipping competition by a work colleague. I run it but am not "in" it. I don't tip. So anyway I got accussed of changing the rules half way in to benefit another colleague. OK. I know petty and pathetic but there it is.

I got really upset, felt like I had to get McDonalds, then did my self talk...can you change how he thinks, speaks, feels and acts..no ok so the only person you can control is you, do you have a clear conscious.. yes ok so don't let him be the reason that you put crap into your body. I wasn't hungry, I talked myself round, I talked it out with P over dinner that night. All good right.

WRONG

That was Tuesday. Wednesday...Day long binge. Can't get it out of my head. I am trying to be a duck (eckhart tolle reference) flap my wings and get rid of the excess anger, energy etc but this duck just ain't flapping, this duck is an angry angry bird. This duck wants to cook somebody's goose.. hehe that's funny cook a goose. Anyway. So after starting off today in binge mode I am trying to pull it into line. I don't want to be affected in this way by other people. I need to not let it bother me so much. AAHAAAHHHHHHH so hard so very very (not allowed to say hard because if you think it will be hard ..it will be hard) ok so very very different to not let my emotions be tangled by outside influences.

OK MANTRA TIME

I am a duck ...flap flap
I am a duck...flap flap
Duck's don't eat bacon and egg mcmuffins flap flap
Ducks love being healthy

Hang on ducks like hot chips...no wait that's seagulls
I am a duck...flap flap

2 comments:

Cat McKenzie said...

Okay, I know that your post is not meant to be funny, but I am sitting here killing myself laughing. "I am a duck...flap flap." "Ducks eat hot chips...no wait that's seagulls." Oh, my God, you are a riot.

Look, I know you might have had a binge today, but it's not the end of the world, and it seems to me that you are handling what happened with not only grace but with bloody good humour too. More importantly, you've acknowledged what you did and you've had a good talking to yourself about it.

The guy at work is a jerk. And nothing you do will stop him being a jerk. You also know that the way you reacted might not be the best way possible, but that's okay because you're on your way to not letting this get to you so much next time. That's a very definite step in the right direction.

Keep up that sense of humour, and that flapping. And keep writing damn funny posts, will you?

I am a duck...flap, flap.

Cat

Bulge Bandit said...

Thanks Cat

I am glad you see the funny side of my posts. Life gets too serious sometimes and if being a duck breaks the tension then I am all for waddling around and flapping my wings. Not big on pooping in a pond though...:)