Countdown to banding day

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Catch up time

Ok So it is Monday 14th July and time to catch up with what's been going on

I saw the anaesthetist last Monday and he was very happy with all the results of my tests, xrays etc. So all good there. Then on Friday I saw both the dietician and the surgeon. These appointments went really well. I am on optifast officially now 2 meals a day. I have kind of weened myself onto them over the last month. I started having 1 meal a day then about 2 weeks ago i upped it to the 2 a day but was still able to eat if I need to. Well now we have started playing for real. Optifast 2 meals a day, 1 low cal meal for the 3rd meal, I can also have 2 cups of vegies and 1 small piece of fruit. Renee also said that I could put some berries in my vanilla optifast and she wouldn't have a problem with that.

P and I have discussed how we are going to handle the liquid phase.Over the next couple of weeks I will make a few casseroles and then churn them up to a thin soup and put them in the freezer. P is having a few problems getting his head around it all at the moment. I think up to this point it hasn't much affect on him but now he is required to step up a little. Renee (the dietician) asked me if he was supportive. My response was he couldn't be more supportive, if anything I need to toughen him up a bit. I think obese people (or it just me) can be very manipulative. I can get him to bring me anything I want. 9pm at night and I want ice cream he will go get it for me. I am going to take him along to the next appt with Renee so that he is fully cognizant of what I am allowed to eat and what I am not. This is a family venture here. All in the boat together.

So as far as the banding goes we are on track for the 5th August. I have forms etc for the hospital and just need to do the admission and buy some stuff for after the op.

I am getting really excited now. Did I mention before that I had bought my Christmas dress (2 actually) 2 sizes 2 small, also my best friend gave me a gift voucher for me birthday so I am going to use that to buy my 1st "normal" jeans (you know from jeans west or somewhere like that).

For the 1st time in my life I feel like I have an actual hope of being thin(ish). I am starting to be able to visualise what I will look like under the padding. I am starting to understand that I can be a thin person. I am not my weight, I am not a figure on a scale. My weight does not define who I am. I am writing myself a new map of reality. This path is different to any I have been on before. I think the flowers will smell just as sweet over this new side of the fence but my back won't hurt leaning down to smell them and my knees won't ache traipsing through the field to get to them.

So all in all I am good. Excited, anticipatory, a little nervous but in good spirits. Bring it on

1 comment:

Cat McKenzie said...

YOU ROCK.

That's all I've got to say.

Cat