Countdown to banding day

Monday, July 21, 2008

A Band by any other name

I am ignoring my mother issues for now all though I did discuss my HUGE toilet phobia with my head friend yesterday. Basically it comes down to this... I am now on full blown optifast. What is optifast full of. Lactose. What at age 35 have I discovered I have an intolerance for? Lactose.

Outcome.... Big issues with a toilet phobia. I usually don't go anywhere but home...and I mean anywhere. I have held on for 3 days at my inlaws before I finally had to go and then I made P go in straight afterme so nobody knew I had gone. Anyway moving on





So I have been reading on the lapband forums that people name their bands. I thought I might like to name mine ...when I get it. I couldn't think of anything I liked but I thought of a name for the port. I am naming my port Pete. I think Pete is a good name for a Roadie and as we all know the roadie travels with the.....you guessed it the roadie travels with the band...hehehe I still think that is funny even after 24 hrs it's making me chuckle.



So this morning in the shower I was still trying to come up with names for the band. And here it is...wait for it.



Jimmy Choo and the Shakers.



hehehe



Cracks me up. So I was telling P this morning about my bands name and I said I wish my stomach would settle down (lactose intolerance again) and I said it is like having a pack of teeange groupies rushing the stage. hehe. Full of something. I'd like to think wit but think it might be shit.



So there you are I have named the band and..... Pete the Roadie.



So other than that all is good. We are still on countdown. 2 weeks to go today. I am about 8 kilos down but just starting ttom so not sure if that is accurate or not.



I need 1 last steak before I get banded and 1 more pizza night. It is hard to stay focused on the opticrap when you know that last drinks have been called. I am having good days and bad as far as emotions go. I am working through them as they come up and feel like at least 75% of the time I am doing the right thing. So we are still travelling.

2 comments:

Diz said...

I love it! I wish you the best with Jimmy Choo and Pete the Roadie.

Amy said...

That cracked me up!!! Now, you have me sitting my office trying to think of names for mine -- unfortunately, I can't get past Pete at the moment, so an official name will have to come to me later. But I definitely think this is a GREAT idea.

I hear ya on the Optifast. Bleh! For me, I got to the point where I'd rather not eat or drink anything as compared to having to drink that stuff. It's not that it tasted completely horrible -- it just wasn't a pepperoni pizza (and I wonder why I needed the band....)

Hang in there! You're so close!