Countdown to banding day

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fill her up...

I'm all filled up and boy isn't that a pleasant experience. Ya right. Big needle, no aneasthetic. Pain basically but its done for now.

After severely peaking over having a fill done I have 5mls in my band. I already had 1ml in there apparently (Who knew??). Now the real fun starts. I took my first drink of water and it felt like it was bubbling up like when you try to re-fill the hand soap in the bathroom and you get that air bubble and all spills over the top and for the next 3 days the bottle is all soapy. Like that.

Then we were out shopping last night and my husband and I shared a curry. Yes people I had a curry after my fill. Well when I say I had a curry I probably had 10 little mini forkfulls. But it was enough. I am taking my eating very slowly. My dietician told me the hole is now about the size of my thumb nail so nothing is to go in that is bigger than that and I have chew chew chew like the little train that could.

OK well I guess that's it.

What?

What's that?

OHHH you want to know about the weigh in?

Well I guess I could tell you.

Here are the stats.

Preop 165.8kg
DOB 5/8/08 - 161.7kg
Previous Weight 11/8/08 -157kg
Current Weight 18/8/08 - 154kg

So another 3 kilos gone for good. Total 11.8kg

Happy? You better freaking believe I'm happy.

;)

3 comments:

Diz said...

Yea! Congrats Girl! You earned it. I love your descriptive words on the water bubbling up. Too funny.

Cat McKenzie said...

Oh, that's wonderful news both the weight loss and about the fact that your fill went okay.

You're sounded happier today, which is a good thing.

I can't wait to hear what's next for you.

Cat

Nola said...

Love you blog! I like how you write and I like your descriptions too! Well done on the weight loss:)