Countdown to banding day

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Live for those perfect hours

Have you ever noticed that life as we know is not perfect but as you are trudging through the quagmire of everyday minutiae we are granted those perfect moments. Today I had 1 perfect hour. In a day filled with head colds, grocery shopping with children and my husband (uurrrgg), doing washing, stopping the squabbling, cooking meals etc etc the universe granted me 1 truely perfect hour.

Let me share.

The Bear started off the day bugging her big sister most terribly, and after a discussion with her we decided to head off to the park too burn off some of her excess energy...but first the fruit and veg shopping. So into a bag I chucked a veggie peeler, a knife, some plates etc and off we went, bought our fruit and veg for the week and then too the park.

Once there the girls ran off to play , while I chopped up some fruit, peeled a carrot and some celery and got out some salsa. Paul and I sat in the beautiful sunshine and the girls came and went snacking on some good healthy food in between swinging and monkey bars. We were down by the river ( nice spot in downtown Penrith). After morning tea Paul and I just sat and cuddled while the girls ran and played and just enjoyed the time we spent there. My 1 perfect hour. Just lovely. A time I will treasure in my memory and something I am planning to try and recreate on a regulare basis.

On a day where channel 9 has bombarded us with stories on the sexualisation of children, and on the week were Australia has officially become the world's fatest national..I took my little girls to a park to run and play and get dirty and eat fruit and vegies and just be my little girls. I felt a peace. I felt like I was being an excellent mother and wife. I felt good.

Of course the universe likes to keep us real and my 1 pefect hour ended in typical fashion.
Bear hurt herself on the swing and the 3rd day of my not going to the tiolet because of the amount of codeine I ave been taking finally caught up with me and I barely made it home before disaster struck and my perfect hour ended with a lot of groaning and moaning and lots of glen 20 :)

Sorry for the grossness but you know if I am going to share with you, you have to get the whole story.

So treasure the moments that you get, deal with the crap when it hits and live life in the best way possible.

Oh and by the way I've lost 5 kilos on self inflicted optifast 1 meal a day. Life is pretty good today.

1 comment:

Cat McKenzie said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful family hour. Hours like that are so precious, and I'm glad to see you blogged about it, because now you really will never forget it.

Cat