Countdown to banding day

Thursday, June 12, 2008

When did we forget how to laugh?

Yesterday at work I took some pain killers (having some issues with my back and neck) and so went a little loopy and well a bit giggly. Kind of like a 9 yr old boy when someone says boob or poo.

My colleagues thought I was demented.

So my question is when did we forget how to laugh and just giggle and be a tad moronic? and then my 8 yr old the beautiful and talented Miss Grace waltzs in being a bit of a...I want to say bimbo but that doesn't fit with Grace at all but lets just say silly and I tell her to stop being ridiculous and get ready for dancing. Come on. Hurry.. We Don't have time for this silliness. And lo and behold there is my answer. When did we forget how to laugh and act ridiculous?, when our mothers, teachers, colleagues, husbands, friends and ourselves told us we don't have time for this and looked at us like we were heading for the institution.

So my mission today is not to care what people think about the silliness, I plan on being free and I will take Miss Grace along for the ride.

Now where are those pain meds............

1 comment:

Cat McKenzie said...

I hope that you and Grace are having loads of fun being silly together. I think laughter really is the best medicine.

Cat