Countdown to banding day

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Not much too say....

I have found today that I don't have much to say so I thought I would let some other people have a say....

I thought I would share some of the words to songs etc that I really love. They are not necessarily profound but they have touched me or I just like the melody or whatever.

So the 1st one is a song I have had stuck in my head for days. It is Don McLean's Castles in the Air and here are my favourite lines from it.

"And if she asks you why, you can tell her that I told you
That I’m tired of castles in the air.
I’ve got a dream I want the world to share
And castle walls just lead me to despair"

But the line I really love is " How can words express the feel of sunlight in the morning" aaahhh Don. If I could put your words into Anthony Warlows voice with George Clooney looks by God you would be the perfect man.

Ok So my next one is Meatloaf. Yes I know from Don McLean to Meatloaf. What is this girl. Insane. No just eclectic.

So Meatloaf "Paradise by the Dashboard light." This whole song evokes so many fun memories of my teenage years. It is cool, very cool. Meatloaf my friend you Rock. Even with a Zimmer frame you rock.

I have just decided that I love music. If I had no music in my life I think I would prefer to die....Oh OH Don again....Bye Bye Miss American pie drove my chevy to the levy but the levy was dry..them good ol boys were drinking whiskey and rye...Singing this will be the day that I die. The day the music died.

Imagine a life without singing and music and feeling uplifted and the joy that music can bring. I so wish I had learnt an instrument or something. Is is too late? Am I too old to start? What about some singing lessons. Or maybe...oh I know and african drumming workshop thing. Oh I would love that. So cool and earthy and tribal. Fun fun. Ok I have to look into that.

I would love to be so talented that you could write words down and they would touch someone in a way that would stay with them forever like a song writer or a poet does. Imagine being able to transpose a single thought into a melody that people hum, or dance too at their wedding or sing to their babies. Artists gotta love them.

So that's my post today. I am off to bug the office with my singing. Gotta practice I have convinced the boss to order karaoke for the christmas party. he he. Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti.....

If I think of any more I will add them on

2 comments:

Cat McKenzie said...

Wow, I've been finding lately that music really speaks to me too. Maybe it's something about this journey we're on, hey?

A song that really means a lot to me at the moment is one called Watershed by the Indigo Girls, particularly because it was a watershed moment that led me to finally make the decision to have my banding done.

If you search for it on Youtube, you'll find the clip to watch, but I thought you might like the lyrics too:

"Watershed"

Thought I knew my mind like the back of my hand,
The gold and the rainbow, but nothing panned out as I planned.
And they say only milk and honey's gonna make your soul satisfied!
Well I better learn how to swim
Cause the crossing is chilly and wide.

Twisted guardrail on the highway, broken glass on the cement
A ghost of someone's tragedy
How recklessly my time has been spent.
And they say that it's never too late, but you don't get any younger!
Well I better learn how to starve the emptiness
And feed the hunger

Up on the watershed, standing at the fork in the road
You can stand there and agonize
Till your agony's your heaviest load.
You'll never fly as the crow flies, get used to a country mile.
When you're learning to face the path at your pace
Every choice is worth your while.

Well there's always retrospect to light a clearer path
Every five years or so I look back on my life
And I have a good laugh.
You start at the top, go full circle round
Catch a breeze, take a spill
But ending up where i started again makes me wanna stand still.

Stepping on a crack, breaking up and looking back
Every tree limb overhead just seems to sit and wait.
Until every step you take becomes a twist of fate.

Bulge Bandit said...

Cat you are just too cool.